DC Universe Online

Talk about gaming, new releases, and old favorites.
  • Advertisement

DC Universe Online

Postby TPOWIS Admin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm

I know a few of you MMO fans here play City of Heroes, but as I mentioned in the game list, it's just too bland looking to get into IMO. DC Universe is now upon us, and while it's expensive to play ($15/month) I was wondering how many of you out there are interested in this game? This is a MMO for spandex, err umm, I mean comic book fans, so I'm sure we will have an audience here.

However, I wonder if there is enough fans here that it would be worth setting up a league (or legion)? I am not sure if I am gonna see this through beyond the trial or not, as I said, it's expensive.

Information: DC Universe Online
TPOWIS Admin
Administration

Have thanks: 207 times

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby lone_wolf82 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:54 am

Killatron wrote:I know a few of you MMO fans here play City of Heroes, but as I mentioned in the game list, it's just too bland looking to get into IMO. DC Universe is now upon us, and while it's expensive to play ($15/month) I was wondering how many of you out there are interested in this game? This is a MMO for spandex, err umm, I mean comic book fans, so I'm sure we will have an audience here.

However, I wonder if there is enough fans here that it would be worth setting up a league (or legion)? I am not sure if I am gonna see this through beyond the trial or not, as I said, it's expensive.

Information: DC Universe Online

a few of my friends have it. i'll ask them how the game is
lone_wolf82
Lycra Fan

Have thanks: 19 times

Postby TPOWIS Admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 am

I was playing the beta. You can make a good variety of good costumes right at the start. Then through the game you will find additional items and armor that can go over your base costume in some cases. You have a good deal of color control too, but there are some restrictions. Also, there is a very limited selection of body types to create. Small, medium, large, and it just scales the body overall. An issue a LOT of games have, makes it so you can't create tall and lanky or a short and pudgy character.

As for the game itself, its your pretty usual MMO fare only very action oriented. Also, its ridiculously easy compared to other MMOs out there. Visually, its among the best MMOs out there (and not just because its spandex friendly).

The value of this game will be determined on how much content they add to it over the next few months.
TPOWIS Admin
Administration

Postby TPOWIS Admin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 am

Figured I would post a few examples of the sort of characters you can make in this game:

TPOWIS Admin
Administration

Postby lone_wolf82 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 am

i watched a review for it on attack of the show. did they really release it on ps3?
lone_wolf82
Lycra Fan

Have thanks: 19 times

Postby TPOWIS Admin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:00 am

Yep, the game is on both the PS3 and PC, however the PC version is better and cheaper.
TPOWIS Admin
Administration

DC Universe Online

Postby GoldDorvtt » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Ive just joined this. Only played for a few minutes post-character creation, but it is awesome. The combat system beats Champions Online and City of Heroes to smithereens.

Oh, and Im Firespider on the PvE server.
GoldDorvtt
Lurker

Have thanks: 0 time
PlayStation Network ID: Synchronized

Return to Videogame Discussion