The (Potential, Hopeful) Rise Of Bike Shorts

Discuss the site, what you want to see, real life sightings you wish to share, or just your take on the subject of women in spandex! (and only women in spandex please)

The (Potential, Hopeful) Rise Of Bike Shorts

Postby pocketless » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Ever since I knew that I loved spandex, Bike shorts has been far and away my number one favorite spandex delivery method.
It's been over almost a decade of leggings being mainstream, and the entire time I fantasized about bike shorts becoming just as mainstream.
And it's starting to feel like we're getting very, very close!

I gotta say, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West has my utmost respect. Without them, none of this would have ever happened.
(Or at least, not as soon.)
It all started in 2016 when she first stepped out in these
And was shortly followed by these, shinier, slightly ill-fighting pair (Which she eventually sold on her website)
And then in 2017 she started modeling the Yeezy Season 6 line of clothes, featuring unfortunately bland and non-shiny bike shorts
There was plenty of other sightings of here in bike shorts, some bad, some okay.
But nothing, absolutely nothing compares to these absolute blinders she debuted in japan, apparently apart of the Yeezy season 7.
Image Image Image
Unfortunately these have yet to be released, but dupes have already started to crop up!
Here's some links to sites already selling shiny bike shorts!
And it feels like another dupe pops up once a week.

https://www.prettylittlething.us/silver ... hort.html#
https://www.fashionnova.com/products/cu ... orts-black
https://www.missyroseclothing.com/produ ... ing-shorts
https://bellenbrand.com/index.php/produ ... er-shorts/

So, how do y'all feel about bike shorts? Do you feel like they'll catch on the same way leggings did oh so many years ago?
Sorry for the long post, I just really felt like typing up something about this subject, and to maybe get a discussion going!
Avatar is from SGT. Kabukiman NYPD
MY HOLY GRAIL IS A CLEAN, NO SUBTITLES COPY OF THE FILM
STEALTHHUNTERS/SOLDADO DO FUTURO (1991)
twitter.com/PocketlessTweet
Follow for spandex musings!
pocketless
Lycra Fan

Have thanks: 93 times

Re: The (Potential, Hopeful) Rise Of Bike Shorts

Postby ShinySpandexLvr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Let's hope so. The ones from Fashion Nova are nice, but I don't much care for the outside seam down the legs. They just came out with Silver, which look like they will be nice. Lately my wife has been complaining about these shorts being a little too hot to wear and that they don't breathe as she can see sweat/moisture on her chair when she stands up LOL.
ShinySpandexLvr
Lycra Fan

Have thanks: 17 times

Postby pocketless » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 pm

So, it's been 2 years since this thread!
And I am so proud to say that biker shorts ARE popular!
They're huge now!
Every single day you can go on instagram and search through the various tags to find dozens, if not HUNDREDS of pics of biker shorts!
Unfortunately the vast majority are non-shiny.
But I do feel like there's a good majority that are!

I look at the google trends page, and I smile.
I always dreamed of this day becoming reality, and here it is!
It's a shame there's no festivals this year, because those are an ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE source of biker shorts pics!

The trajectory of biker shorts becoming popular is very similar to the path Leggings took when they first started taking off over a decade ago.
As you can see by this, leggings are more popular in the colder months.
The cool thing about biker shorts are that they make is so chicks can wear spandex all year long!

I'm seeing more and more posts of people saying things like "I used to hate them, but I tried some and now I love them!"
All very promising signs that these will have the same staying power as leggings.
Here's to a bright future my friends,
Avatar is from SGT. Kabukiman NYPD
MY HOLY GRAIL IS A CLEAN, NO SUBTITLES COPY OF THE FILM
STEALTHHUNTERS/SOLDADO DO FUTURO (1991)
twitter.com/PocketlessTweet
Follow for spandex musings!
pocketless
Lycra Fan

Have thanks: 93 times

Postby Lycrafan2004 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:54 pm

hopefully this will be recognized here too!
Women's legs are the compasses that survey the globe in all cardinal points and give it equilibrium and harmony. (Francois Truffaut)
Lycrafan2004
Spandex Enthusiast

Have thanks: 716 times

Return to General Discussion